Connect with us

LIVERPOOL

LIVERPOOL READY £130M BID FOR ISAK! Liverpool will submit £130M within 24h for Alexander Isak. Isak ONLY wants #LFC ❤️ With Woltemade signed, Newcastle’s door is open! Huge last days ahead. ⏳⚡ — Lucas | Follow @sportsatitbest for every transfer twist ⚽

Published

on

 

Liverpool expected to make £130m Alexander Isak bid

 

Newcastle’s move for Nick Woltemade encourages Anfield club to return with improved offer that would be British record transfer

Alexander Isak has told Newcastle he wants to leave the club  Credit: PA/Owen Humphreys

 

Mike McGrath. Luke Edwards Northern Football Writer

 

Alexander Isak’s proposed move to Liverpool has moved closer in the past 24 hours, according to sources who expect a Premier League record-transfer bid over the weekend.

 

Eddie Howe is set to add Nick Woltemade to the Newcastle attack after agreeing a £69.2m fee with Stuttgart for the Germany international, a deal that has implications for Isak’s future as the Sweden striker seeks a move.

 

The Newcastle manager is also in the market for another forward, with interest in Wolverhampton’s Jorgen Strand Larsen and Brentford’s Yoane Wissa.

 

Newcastle’s valuation of Isak is £150m, with sources anticipating an offer starting at £130m, before add-ons and bonuses raise the overall package of what would be a British record transfer.

 

While sources anticipate movements ahead of Monday’s deadline, Liverpool’s current position is that they will not bid further.

 

A bid of £110m was rejected by Newcastle for Isak earlier this month and with four days of the summer window left the club have been firm in not wanting to sell, despite the player training away from the first team.

 

Neither Liverpool nor Newcastle have confirmed a second approach for Isak since August 1, since when the 25-year-old’s row with his club has turned bitter.

 

Fans have turned on Isak over his determination to leave after three years, just months after helping them win a first domestic trophy in 70 years and qualify for the Champions League again.

 

 

Newcastle fans sent a pointed message to Isak before their game against Liverpool Credit: Getty Images/Daniel Chesterton

 

The Sweden international has publicly accused Newcastle of breaking promises regarding allowing him to leave, with a club delegation attempting to thrash out a truce earlier this week at Isak’s house – when the player told them he still wants to leave.

 

Liverpool’s interest in Isak has been long-standing and has not diminished ahead of the final days of the window. The Anfield club also beat Newcastle to the signing of Hugo Ekitike and have added Florian Wirtz over the summer as they look to defend their Premier League title.

 

Howe: I never said he could leave

 

Howe, as he has done for weeks, played a straight bat to questions about Isak, although he strongly denied he had ever made a promise that the striker could leave this summer as long as Newcastle signed a replacement.

 

“Absolutely not,” Howe replied when asked if Isak had been told he would get his move to Liverpool when they signed a replacement.

 

“I never make any promises to any players regarding transfers because ultimately I’m not in control of the whole thing. I would never make a promise like that to any player.”

 

Asked if he had a preference on whether Isak was sold or stayed, Howe appeared to suggest Isak’s decision to go on strike and refuse to play for the club had altered things in his mind.

 

“Of course I would have a preference,” he said. “But ultimately you have to look at all the information.

 

“So, of course, I have a footballing preference, but then you have to take everything else into account, you can’t just be oblivious to things that have happened.

 

“So, I’m in that position really, where I’m trying to separate myself because I have no control over it. I will let everything take its course and then deal with the eventuality.”

 

So is it now in the best interests of everyone at Newcastle, given the imminent arrival of Woltemade from Stuttgart, to let Isak leave? The Newcastle manager did his best to swerve the question.

 

“As I’ve said, that is for other people to decide. I’m not in control of those discussions and talks. I’m focusing on trying to bring players into the team.”

 

 

Trending

Copyright © 2024 Zox News Theme. Theme by MVP Themes, powered by WordPress.

Close No menu locations found.